Please read our terms and conditions on the use of HER data.
Building MPM1393 - Ravelin House, Museum Road
Summary
Former Army quarters, now part of the University of Portsmouth.
Map
Type and Period (3)
Full Description
Red brick, tiled roof, main part-two storeys with lower two-storey section to east and separate coach house to north. Tall chimneys and Dutch gables. Built by the Army between 1870 and 1898, and used to house Army Officers. The site was transferred to Portsmouth Polytechnic in 1969, and is now part of the University of Portsmouth.
Portsmouth City Council, 2011, City of Portsmouth Local List of Buildings (Bibliographic reference). SPM37.
Sources/Archives (1)
- --- SPM37 Bibliographic reference: Portsmouth City Council. 2011. City of Portsmouth Local List of Buildings.
Protected Status/Designation
- None recorded
Other Statuses/References
- Locally Listed
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Finds (0)
Location
| Grid reference | Centred SZ 6378 9957 (4m by 25m) |
|---|---|
| Unitary Authority | Portsmouth City |
Record last edited
Jul 1 2026 11:51AM