Please read our terms and conditions on the use of HER data.
Building MPM1759 - Seventh Day Adventist Church
Summary
Map
Type and Period (3)
Full Description
Former Mission Hall to St Mark's/Church of the Ascension built between 1898 and 1910, now a Church to the Portsmouth Seventh Day Adventists. The hall was also temporarily used as the Church of the Ascension between 1910 and 1914, while the current church in Stubbington Avenue was built (see MPM1481). [1] It was opened as the Portsmouth Seventh Day Adventists Church on the 8th June 1968 [2].
<1> Offord, J, 1989, Churches, Chapels and Places of Worship on Portsea Island (Bibliographic reference). SPM39.
<2> Overton, Edward, 1968, British Advent Messenger (Digital archive). SPM394.
Sources/Archives (2)
- <1> SPM39 Bibliographic reference: Offord, J. 1989. Churches, Chapels and Places of Worship on Portsea Island.
- <2> SPM394 Digital archive: Overton, Edward. 1968. British Advent Messenger. Volume 73.
Protected Status/Designation
- None recorded
Other Statuses/References
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Finds (0)
Location
| Grid reference | SU 654 020 (point) |
|---|---|
| Unitary Authority | Portsmouth City |
Record last edited
Jul 1 2026 11:51AM